Why cruise Hawaii with Norwegian? There are at least eleven good reasons!
1. Norwegian visits four islands and five ports and spends nearly 100 hours in port, and more than double the amount of time in port than the other cruise lines. It’s a convenient way to travel between the islands compared to land-based vacations. And you only have to unpack once!
2. Since Norwegian sails under a U.S. flag (it’s the only cruise ship that does), guests do not require passports, and can spend a full seven days in Hawaii without spending extra days at sea.
3. Norwegian’s luxurious Pride of America is the youngest ship sailing Hawaii, and recent enhancements (2013) added more suites, other accommodations and restaurants.
Overnights and a great itinerary
4. Norwegian offers two exclusive overnights (Maui and Kauai), allowing guests to experience the nightlife and culture of the islands or spend a day or two on the beach.
5. According to Lonely Planet, Norwegian has the best Luau show in Hawaii. The show features music and dance from Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa and Tonga. A great way to experience the culture of the South Pacific!
6. Norwegian’s Hawaii itinerary earned the title “Best Hawaii Itinerary” eight years in a row from the readers of Porthole Magazine.
7. Norwegian offers Freestyle Cruising — a variety of dining and entertainment choices in a relaxed atmosphere.
Romantic Memories at Sea
8. Whether you want to exchange vows or do it all over again, or spend your honeymoon on a Hawaiian cruise, Norwegian Cruise Line will make your celebration special. A few of their services include:
- Ideal onboard ceremony locations
- Romantic dinner for two
- Beautiful wedding cake choices
- Wedding Photography packages
- Wedding Photography packages… and much more!
Private viewing and authentic experiences
9. Norwegian’s Pride of America has more suites and balconies — 62% — than any other cruise line cruising Hawaii. So there are more private places to sit comfortably and take in the amazing views of the Napali Coast.
10. You’ll get an authentic Hawaiian experience, from local entertainment to cultural lectures to Hula and Tahitian dance classes – all fun! And you’ll experience local cuisine as well.
11. Did you know that Norwegian is the only cruise line that sails Hawaii year-round? You can plan to take your vacation at the time that best suits you.
Have you sailed on the Pride of America? What did you think about it? Let us know in the comments below.