You don’t need to travel far to step out of your ordinary routine
Today, while preparing my morning tea, I browsed through Daphne Oz’s cookbook Relish: an adventure in food, style and everyday fun, and a sidebar titled “Near and Far” jumped out at me.
I often write about big romantic adventures that you need a passport and a lot of time to get to. But you don’t need to travel for hours on airplanes and trains to experience something new.
Whether you stay local or far away, you can:
- Cook like a French chef… in Paris, or in New Orleans
- Drive on the “wrong” side of the road… in Edinburgh or in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Learn to surf… in Sydney, or Maui
- Take a long hike… in New Zealand or on California’s Pacific Crest Trail
- Enjoy wine and cheese… in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, France or in Napa Valley
- Go skiing… in Switzerland or at Lake Tahoe
- Dance the Merengue… in the Dominican Republic or in Miami
The point here is that there’s no need to wait for that once-a-year vacation to have an out-of-the-ordinary adventure.
As Daphne says, roam far or stay close. Whichever you choose, you can do the things you love. So step outside and head to the town next door, or drive to the airport for a grand adventure in a town a world away. A romantic adventure awaits you!
Have you ever gone anywhere close by for an adventure? Or do you prefer to go far away? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more tips? Click here to receive travel tips & our report, “Top Honeymoon Destinations for any Budget.” 3 different honeymoons on 3 different budgets. See which one matches your dream!