I often get asked what the difference is between Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa and the Sandals resorts in Grenada and St. Lucia. So here I’ll give you some information about Sandals Grande Antigua, and I’ll cover the resorts on the other two islands in different posts.
Antigua is an island known for its 365 beaches – one for each day of the year. Located in the West Indies in the Leeward Islands in the Caribbean region, it is the main island of the country of Antigua and Barbuda.
So what is Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa like? Sandals Grande Antigua is known for being very romantic. Guests say it’s an enchanting place for being alone together, and for luxurious pampering at the spa (couples massages are highly recommended!).
It’s actually two resorts in one: one is a tropical paradise with gingerbread cottages and private, exotic rondovals set amid lush greenery, the other, a chic cosmopolitan five-star European grand resort.
So, you have two completely different vacations for the price of one. You can stroll the garden pathways of the Caribbean Grove and swing beneath a palm tree in a hanging love basket for two. Or, in the all-suite Mediterranean Village, you can enjoy private cabanas and poolside valet cocktail service.
Here are a few facts:
- It’s set on Antigua’s best beach
- The beach here is long, straight and private
- It was voted the World’s Leading Honeymoon Resort
- 6 pools with the Eastern Caribbean’s largest
- There are unlimited land and water sports + scuba diving
- 7 bars serving unlimited preimum liquors
- 11 specialty restaurants for unlimited dining
- It’s about 20 minutes from the airport
- The flight from Miami is about 80 minutes
Want more tips? Click here to receive travel tips & our report, “Top Honeymoon Destinations for any Budget.” 3 different honeymoons on 3 different budgets. See which one matches your dream!