Sandals has three resorts on the island of St. Lucia. While it’s wonderful to have a selection to choose from on this stunning island, it can be difficult to decide which of the three is best suited for you. To help you get a feel for the vibe at each of these resorts, I’ve written a little about each below.
One important thing to note, here, is not to worry! Sandals has an exclusive “Play at 3 Program”, where you can stay at one of these resorts and play at three – great for active honeymooners! What this means is you can book your stay at any of the three Sandals resorts, and have the opportunity to spend time on all 3 of them!
So, your dining options expand to 23 restaurants, your diving experiences will include exotic underwater playgrounds at two additional resorts, you can take in the exciting entertainment (which changes night to night) at all three resorts, and you’ll have complimentary round–trip transfers between all the resorts.
Kind of fantastic, isn’t it?
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
ThIs is the biggest of the St.Lucia Sandals properties. Set on its own peninsula, the Grande is surrounded on two sides by the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It has some of the island’s calmest waters off of its mile-long white sand beach.
It’s the most luxurious of the three St. Lucia resorts (and therefore the most expensive), and has a three-story, open-air lobby that will remind you of a British Colonial palace. The resort has a traditional atmosphere with a focal point on the lobby and outdoor pool area overlooking Rodney Bay.
Here are a few facts:
- You’ll be drawn to five freshwater pools, including a zero-entry Sandals signature pool with swim-up bar. Here you’ll find the popular and highly requested swim-up rooms and Rondoval suites-in-the-round with private pools located right by the beach.
- With 8 global restaurants on site including the elegant Gordon’s on the pier and fresh seafood right on the beach at Barefoot by the Beach, there are plenty of dining options.
- For night life you’ve got a variety of options – 6 bars, 4 firepits, beach parties, and Carribean dancers and music.
- All of the rooms have similar luxurious decor with a balcony or patio, with the price differences being based on view, level of service, and special amenities.
Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Sandals Regency La Toc is often considered the “Emerald of the Caribbean,” and is famous for its world-class golf, gourmet restaurants, and secluded crescent shaped beach. Along with attracting the youngest crowd, you’ll also find the most nightlife at La Toc.
What’s interesting here is the the exclusive resort-within-the-resort experience available at Sunset Ocean Bluff. This is an enclave of superb villas, Millionaire Suites, and incomparable dining. Choosing the exclusive Sunset Ocean Bluff gives you an all-suite, butler-serviced experience perched three stories above the sea for the ultimate in luxury.
Here are a few facts:
- There are a variety of activities available here including unlimited golf, scuba diving, or Red Lane Spa treatments.
- The La Toc property has 3 pools, including the largest in St.Lucia, complete with a swim-up bar.
- There are 8 unique restaurants, along with 8 bars on-site for plenty of nighttime fun.
- Accommodations here give you the choice of beachfront rooms with walkout patios or private villas in the bluff-top terrace, giving you a bit more of a luxurious rustic feel.
- This resort tends to draw a younger, more adventurous crowd, and is the most active of the 3 resorts.
Sandals Halcyon Beach
Halcyon Beach is a charming and intimate sanctuary that embraces the quintessential Caribbean vibe. The resort was built, by design, into the environment with classic island architecture with soft pastels and ginger-bread detailed cottages.
Here, no building is taller than the highest palm tree, and the grounds provide tranquility and calm. Halcyon has often been called the “Garden of Eden” by the sea. Sounds idyllic, doesn’t it?
A few more facts:
- This property is the smallest and most intimate of the 3 Sandals on St.Lucia and is known for its exceptional personal service and well-maintained lush gardens.
- This resort attracts couples of all ages, but seems to draw a slightly older crowd on average.
- It is the least expensive resort of the three and is also the quietest at night.There are 6 global restaurants, including the signature pier restaurant over the water, and 7 bars on-site, including a piano bar.
- The Romeo and Juliet beachfront walkout room offer butler service with a private patio, and is only steps away from the beach.